Monday, June 2, 2008

9 mile

Last year 9 mile was a freaking disappointment. I actually like 9 mile though, this year it treated me a lot better. I rocked the Redline in its WORS Debut rocking a 32x16 on the 29er. Which was totally the correct gear, I was worried it would be too big but was not. I wish I had an easiar gear on Ho Chi Min but everywheres else it was 100% correct. At the end of the day I got a 17th out of 19 finishers. 6 DNFs in the 25 person field, Just finishing was lucky. The 29x2.3" tire @ 35 PSI gave me a perfect ride and kept me from flatting, I did have a moment that scared me though. I met my goal that I set out at the start of the day; to finish 15 minutes or less behind my class winner. Goal Met @ 10:53 behind. 172 out of like 300 or so starters. Its not spectacular, but not god awful either. I did have a fair bit of fun on the bike this weekend. I know I should be focusing on Enduro when it takes over 10 miles for my legs to feel warm and powerful and I can hold that power all day long. I sprinted against a 17 yo from the 90 degree turn before the finish, started out behind him on his wheel and won by about a length and a half or so. When your on the verge of spinning out a 32x16 on an uphill sprint you know I prolly just peaked over 700+ watts. I've been over 1000 watts, I know what its like. Until next time kiddos...

Cody

No comments: