Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Random post of "What the hell have I been up to lately"

As far as racing goes, I have had a dismal June with the exception of 9 mile. Subaru Cup and Reforestation Ramble we really really bad to me and disappointing. I actually like the Reforestation camp course on most days. cup, the heat mostly did me in. Admittedly I haven't been training as much as I should so I think that might have something to do with it. I haven't done a single metric century on my road bike yet this year. I think I might do something about that this saturday. I drank a whole bottle of fluids within 15 minutes of my start and it ended up yielding me one hell of a stomach ache causing me to DNF, when people tell you to DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. Don't do it, do what works for you. I've been bitten by taking other peoples advice in the past, I should have know better. I had a good start for the first 2-3 miles or so but my legs blew up and I slowly faded until I could barely turn the cranks on my geared bike.

I am nearly certain I will be skipping the Levis Trow race saturday, as I'm standing up for a wedding. I'm debating about skipping Eau Claire in favor of the UW-Whitewater Time Trial. I love time Trialing. Its one of my favorite things to do on a bike.

I really ought to post some pictures. I now possess my new 2008 Salsa Moto Rapido in totally completed form. The only exception is my race wheels are still a work in progress and I want to upgrade my rear cassette to a Dura Ace 9spd 12-27 cassette. I actually don't like the gearing of a 12-34 cassette. Some of the jumps between gears are too big and my cadence is all screwed up.

I sorta lost my cable to my camera so that is why I haven't been posting many pictures in the last few months. I will try to change that.

No comments: