Thursday, July 3, 2008

400+ Mountain Miles in 1 month?

I'm kicking around the idea of doing the 24 hours of Seven Oaks. Nothing in Stone but it does sound like a blast, I will know what I want to do after 24-9 Aug. 2nd and 3rd. 24 Hours of Seven Oaks is August 30-31, plenty of time to recooperate. No single speed class
there however. I would be giving up another endurance race, 12 hours of stump farm however. My job has thrown out any possibility of challenging any kind of series standings this year anyway. I did stump farm last year and I got bored... Its not a very challenging in my opinion.



If I race in Iowa this year and I follow through with my Iceman Entry I will Race in WI, IL, MN, IA, MI, and FL This year. Before this year I had only raced in WI and IL. Every year brings firsts for me. 24-9 will be my first attempt at a 24 hour race. I only completed my first 12 hour in May, I still have the 12 hours of Blue Mounds left for a tune up before my first 24 though. I'm thinking about trying to do 60-100 miles at the John Muir Trails tomorrow as kind of a "12 Hour Simulation" I still have a number of questions I need to answer for myself most of which are nutrition oriented. related to the how. I don't know how I'm going to replenish protein yet. I may do soy, but I'm hoping to take it in solids and not liquids. I think I have a decent Idea of what I want to do with hydration though. Cramps have been an issue in the past but did not rear its head at 12 hours of Gears.

2 comments:

julie said...

aw, but stump farm is so flowy and nice.

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

....and flat. And there is no difficulty level