Thursday, August 21, 2008

What to do + Getting my Crap together

I put in another order of Infinit earlier in the week, Its probably at my doorstep already. I love that stuff.

I'm him-ming and hawing about what I want to do about saturday. With a Week before my next 24 hour race the last thing I should do is 12 hour solo, even if I were to recover, I don't really want to risk anything. It would be nice to do something as I only raced the wednesday after 24-9 @ crystal ridge. Just to shake the cobwebs loose. I would like to either 6 or 12 hour duo with someone would be ideal.

I also need a set of wheel to borrow for 24 hours of Seven oaks, ideally tubeless. I still have my tank wheels that must be the most disproportionate equipment among everyone one I know... XO drivetrain w/old Deore hubs and super cheap Alex rims w/ straight gage steel spokes. About $60 total for the wheelset when new.

I still plan to get Crank Brothers Cobalts wheels and run them tubeless. Even though Mountain Season is winding down I still have Iceman Cometh, and since I'm spending the winter in Florida there is at least 2-12 Hour Races I will do and maybe a few others, not to mention day to day training and stuff. I think I will keep them to race only though.

No comments: