Sunday, February 8, 2009

2" vs 2.35"

Tonight, I put on my new 2.35" Maxxis Ignitor Tires. I decided to make the switch because the 2" tire volume just made for too rough of a ride on the trails here in Florida. They are quite rough. Since I don't have a Full-Suspension this is the best choice I have to allow my bike to have a more supple ride. The trails are also very twist. With a bigger shoulder on the tire I'll be able to bank the turns more aggressively. One week from today will be the true test of my training and the new tires. Next Sunday I'm racing on the same course I did the 6 hour on Jan 5th. In the past 2 years I've logged over 70 miles there so I'm getting comfortable with those trails. They aren't my favorite but I'm not hating them as much anymore.

Compare my old set-up w/ new set-up

Old
Photobucket

NEW!

No comments: