Sunday, July 29, 2007

The 24-9 Expierience

I have just returned from my first successful completion of a 12 hour endurance MTB race. It isn't quite what I was hoping for. I did ok, 45th out of 59. I could have done a 1-2 more laps but I would have only moved up about 10 spots had I done that. Technically I might still move up some due to some people failing to finish a lap after 10pm. Gus, Expo Racing's franchise rider won Solo Freak SS having done 16 laps he finished 16th overall among all 24 hour solo racers. He beat 2nd place in SS by 2 laps, a huge victory for Expo Racing. All in all I think all Expo Racing competitors felt they gave it their all and are happy with their final result, (me, Gus, Theo, and Jeff) represented expo racing this year and I only see further improvement from our team as a whole in the future. Theo and his junior team "What was that" got 2nd out of 3 teams. I weathered the race fairly well, I had some mild monkey butt but it is all better today already. I'm looking forward to the remainder of the WEMS series and the WORS series. I only have 1 USCF Crit left this year, and then its cross season already. I will add some pictures in the next day or so from the event. See everyone next week at Crystal Ridge WORS.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: