Sunday, September 16, 2007

Last Pavement race of 2007 in review

The bike: 2007 Colnago Mix (on loan)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The course:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The helmet
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
the mission: to go sub 62minute

American Bicycle Racings MATT Series made its last event a cold one. 30-40 something degrees at start, warming into the 50s by finish and mid-day. I had the best bike I could really ask for. I wanted to put in my best TT ever, I had the best equipment, I was feeling good, I knew my threshold and coming off my best race of the year I had momentum on my side. I had two little things happen to be, that did cost me probably about a minute all together if that. One was I forgot to start my garmin so shortly after my start I took the time to do that, and the other was I had inadequete tilt on my saddle giving me one gigantic pain in the butt and I found I was sitting up a few times when I should have been mashing away to relieve my butt a little bit. In the end I got a 65:35 finishing 14th out of 20th. I have happy with that result but I have 40K times close to that on my road bike, o well. But it is my fastest 40K time ever. Theodore Peters accompanied me and he did his first ever race on slicks clocking in a time of 73 something his only other competition turned in like a 90 or something like that. To be totally honest, that isn't half bad. He needs to get comfortable on that bike and do some training.

My next race is the Tater bake open in Iola, WI I'm undecided if I will do geared, SS or possibly a loaned 29er SS. We'll see.

2 comments:

julie said...

if the goal of your helmet-wrap was to keep out the mind-controlling leprechauns, i should tell you that tin foil is far more effective.

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

ha ha, that course went across I-90 4 times