Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stump Farm...5 hours 5 minutes

So Stump Farm didn't go quite as planned but it did have its highlights. I woke up at 5:35 freaking out because my alarm was supposed to go off at 5. Walked the dog and jumped in the car and was on the road by 5:45. I got there at about 7:30. Registerd and set up my pit. I would be self pitting today so I prepped that all up. Went to the Rider's meeting. And we were off at 8am. I just sat into a nice pace, around 9 to 9.6 mph. My first lap was the fastest of the day around 58 minutes for a 9.3 mile course. Lap 2 60minutes, Lap 3 59 minutes, laps 4 60 minutes, and lap 5 was 63 minutes. I took a brief 5 minute break in pits and got back on my bike. I was having problems with cramping. I was taking Enduralytes, and Gatorade. Couldn't shake 'em. They got the better of me. I shortcutted the lap and went back to the pits. Hung out there and decided to call it day around 1:30. Now although I didn't do so great, it was the first time you could ever set a watch against me with any accuracy.

I Changed and hung out with my pit neighbors, the good folks from team Pegasus. Had a beer. Chilled out, and waiting for the start of the 3 hour race. The 3 hour race would feature Chris Tambarino, and Johnny G. The course was flat a pancake today, and dry, even a little less climbing than the WORS Race but more technical single track. I should have done Single speed because later in the afternoon I realized there was only 3 entrants, O well. So anyways, Christ and John tore it up in the afternoon. They didn't change the course for the 3 hour, Chris and John completed 3 laps in the alotted time. John was about 2 minutes short of completing his 4th lap. Chris would have done 4 laps, but he bonked on his 4th lap. Chris got 10th and John got 11th. Out of a field of 40 something, not too bad.

Chris Starting Lap 3 in the 3 hour.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Johnny G coming in the finish chute, finishing his 4th Lap in the 3 hour missing the cut-off by 2 minutes
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

julie said...

beer is for winners! thanks for being good company, and congrats on a great ride.