Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pair of SS

I will have my Pair of SS bikes for '08... sort of. I just bought a matching 8500 frame to match my existing 8500 frame. However I do not have any other components for it, but that will come in time. It does come with a Chris King Headset though, so that will match both bikes. Bike #2 will have to be built on a bit of shoe string. I only need it to be built by late may '08 in time for the WEMS season. Bike #1 is Top of the line and I won't come anywheres close to it, but both rear wheels will be identical because they will both be White Industries Eno Disc hubs. I'll probably put Avid BB7 brakes on that bike as well for consistency. The fork is the big maybe, I love my suspension, but I'm thinking I'm going to put a Reba Race on there. I would love to get another Fox F80 RLC but they run around the $600 neighborhood and that would mean paying retail. Most remaining components will most likely be things from Bontrager.

Prior to getting built up I plan to have both frames refinished. Acid dipped and painted or powder coated. I have not decided on color but I will have decals applied. I'm going to see if I can find a replacement Trek Decal for the down tube but since they aren't going to ever resemble an 8500 and Trek doesn't market a 26" single speed bike I get to come up with a new name for my Franken Trek. I will have made into decal and put on both sides of the top tube. I'm open to suggestions but my idea is to call it a Trek "Homeboy" like a take-off on homegrown and it will be cool to say, I'm gonna go kick ass with my Homeboy or I'm gonna kick it with my Homeboy. Yay or nay, or other suggestions are appreciated. Remember, this is a pair of Single Speed bikes.

Stay Tuned, I think I just found what topic I'm going to keep you blog readers interested with this winter. But peeps, I'm going to be racing all the way till dec 9th so don't linger away from my blog too quickly. BTW, I just want to give congrats to Cole Haus on his 7th place finish @ the Fat 40 @ Chewamegon.

No comments: