Friday, February 1, 2008

2008, New Bikes, New Team, New Teammates

After a poor showing @ 12 hours of Oleta I was down and out. The end of the month rolled around and get some Emails from Gus talking about new sponsors. One of the new sponsors conflicts with with my interests. I work @ Personalized Products and we do Embroidery, Screen Printing, and Promotional Products. Expo Racing's new official Apparel Sponsor does all the same things. When you combine this with a number of other sponsors I don't support, not to say they don't make quality products, I just don't use their products. I decided that it would be in my better interest to find a new team that could use me and they could help me as well, aka a team effort. Something I never felt that existed @ Expo Racing. I'm very happy to go to a team that is a team in every sense of the word.

The question that leaves me with is where to go? Well I felt the decision was really simple. Go to a team that I have friends at as well as a former teammate of Expo Racing. TEAM MARS. For those of you not familiar with TEAM MARS, it has nothing to do with the planet, it as all to do with SRAM MEAT, or something like that, lol. No, MARS is is SRAM Spelled Backwards, Nothing more. With great sponsors I love like Sram, Twin Six, Maxxis as sponsors, all products I love and use. I will still carry Personalized Products as an individual Sponsor but I'm not about to force it on anyone. I just firmly believe in all these products. I will be equiping my new Geared Enduro Bike(WEMS) and Single Speed (WORS & 24-9) with SRAM, Rockshox, Avid, Pitstop, and Truvativ components.

You can find All of My new Fine Sponsors on the right column. Have a great 2008.

1 comment:

julie said...

sounds like a great fit, congrats!