Saturday, December 22, 2007

Is it just me or are...

my parents those people that are the butt of Jeff's Blog. I think they are part of those nieve people that don't even want to acknowledge a cyclists existence in the winter. They are the kind of people that is the topic of Jeffs Blog. They are making a stink about me going out riding today. Its mid 30, the roads are clean, its Saturday. Any other cyclist I know would be out on the roads right now, by winter standards today is a beautiful day. They said, "people aren't looking for cyclists in winter. That maybe true but that doesn't make us invisible. Then they said, if your going to go riding, better stay in town, and that is the last place I'd ride besides the fact you can't get any good training in that the highest probability for a rider driver confrontation would be in town.

I just want to ride in Rural Herman where the only thing I have to worry about is the farmers pretty much. I know those roads really well because its where I train in the summer. As a cyclist I know the fact that "I have rights on the road" doesn't mean anything in the here and now, as a cyclist I know you have to expect the unexpected. Its either that or to spend like 3 hours on the trainer, if you were me where would you rather be. They would rather me ride on a trainer for 3 hours or ride out on the road for 3 hours and anyone that has ridden a trainer for 3 hours knows I'd rather take my chances on the road.

Allow me to also point out I did 38 Races This year and I did at least 20 last year, how many have they been to? NONE!

No comments: