Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cam-Rock CX (Brazen Dropouts CX)

Today was the Cyclocross race @ Cam-Rock Park 2 in Rockdale, WI. The morning started a little bit chipper with temps in the mid 40s but warmed up nicely. I was not the first race of the day again which was nice. First was the Cat 4 40+ and 15-18 Juniors. I raced Cat 4s as always, today it was @ 10:30. I got stuck at the back, which sucked. I would later find out todays field was 56. On the start Some dude missed his pedal or something and biffed on the start. Making a huge pile of people behind. This gapped the field a little bit, good for racing bad for me. I felt like I was passing people all race. After the first lap that was the case, doing nothing but passing people. The longer the race went on the fewer people I passed. On Rider caught me on the last lap that I had passed Earlier in the race on the first lap. I pushed really really hard. Once again my HRM monitor failed, IDK what is up with that. I know I was averaging in the 160 and 170 and maybe ever some 180s during the race. I could tell on lap 4 I was starting to give up the gusto. The aerobic capacity was spent. I had give it all she had. However on the finish I blew the doors off a guy I thought was a lap down turns out he wasn't. So learn from me kids, never ever give up no matter what lap and how much you feel like crap. Every position counts.

Keep your browser tuned to this website, cause I will do another post tomorrow and Monday.

No comments: