Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween CX

This years Halloween CX Turned out to be not a great race on my part. I got there around 840 ish, Registered, Gus and Christie got there shortly after me and they set up the party on the hill. I prerode in my regular pants and jacket. Then I went to go put on my costume, turns out it wasn't such a good idea. IT DIDN'T FIT! oops. As Theo Peters said, "I was going as a Roadie". I got a good starting position was about 5th or 6th to the first turn, up the steep hill... I spun and spun and spun my tires, I literally lost like 20 to 25 positions. The move to put my Michelin Jet (30C) on my rear and take the Panaracer Cinder X (35C) off turned out to be a bad decision. Oops again. That did it for the Oops category, but about 1 lap in I started feeling like absolute junk. I felt nauseated and sick to my stomach, I wanted to stop and hurl, no clue why, but that's what I felt like, even as I write this I'm still a little nauseous. I looked down and my HR was in the mid 170s for the first 2 laps and slowly came down when I was letting it get the best of me. I finished it out getting lapped only about .3 of a mile from the finish. Laps were about 1.53 miles and were in the 5-6 minute neighborhood. The end result was something like 54 out of 58 or something, not last but pretty terrible. The Party on the hill was a Hit, Hot cider, prizes for costumes, candy, cookies, music, beer and just a grand ol time. I will post pictures from the party and the races tomorrow, probably in a Slideshow format. I got some good ones so stay posted. I have also had some good conversations with teammates and friends on other acquaintances today that have helped me be more informed as to some decisions next year. Blogs to come.

Personally I like Guatemalan Polak Costume, as described in the Rusty Tool Shed Blog, he has to be the only Guatemalan Polak in the world.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

julie said...

great seein' ya! yeah, twas the party of the year.

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

there is only one party that can top it, 24-9, Partying the night away.