Monday, October 8, 2007

How do you Wreck 18 Spokes all at once?

You chain jumps the Cog, that's how. I went out for a road ride on my Pista on saturday. Thats the first time I ever did a road ride on a fixie, I've ridden that bike around town some but that doesn't count. I rode from Hartford out to hwy 33 and back and when I was coming into town on hwy 83 I crossed the railroad tracks and I hear a nasty nasty pinging noise, I see my chain jumped, slowed down as fast as possible, but by then it was too late, the damage was done. Luckily this happened literally a few hundered feet from Expedition Supply so it was a click-clack walk there. I won't be needing those wheels till the end of next may, so its a winter project. I have a spare wheelset of fixed gear back up wheels I can use in the meantime, I should really be riding my cross bike this time of year anyways. I'm glad I have John Donovan @ Johnovan Bicycle Works to back me up on all of my needs.

No comments: