Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Stand Alone SS Minus Singulator

Its official, 8500 #1 is now badass. I did two upgrades last night, yes I said two. Last night I stopped down by Expo and Aris and Marcus were there, I have been teasing Marcus about building a wheel for me and tonight he was like, "Where's that wheel" and I was like "Let me go get it". So I ran home and got my hub, spokes and rim and I got my new seatpost that I have been meaning to install. You might laugh at the fact that installing a seatpost is easy right and normally it would be but the bolt on my seatpost collar was stripped out. Its been stripped out for a while, I had a new one to put in we just had to get the old one off. A vicegrip did the trick, once I installed the new seatcollar I lubed the post and now I have a brandnew Ritchey WCS Alloy Post. Marcus in the meantime got the wheel laced and tentioned. For those of you who are wondering the new wheels weighed in at 970 grams with rim tape and no rotor. That wasn't enough for the night so we decided, we've come this far, lets install it. Well turns out I needed to buy a new chain because the 9spd chain is too narrow for the freewheel, o well. Installing the fancy Disc brake caliper wasn't to hard but what was hard was getting the caliber alignment correct that it wouldn't rub and the throw was correct. I'm a tad picky about my brakes besides to I like my throw short and firm. We worked on it till about 10:15 and couldn't get it right. We called it a night and Marcus said that he would work on it tonight some after he got done with work.

Pictures to follow in forthcoming posts.

No comments: