Monday, October 15, 2007

New Goodies for my '08 effort

As some of you might know I intend to do some Singlespeeding next year. I don't want to buy full fledged SS bikes so you do the next best thing. Get the stuff you need to make it all the single speed bike it can be.

Such as White Industries Eccentric ENO Disc Hub.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The best Spokes, short of Titanium, money can buy, DT Swiss Revolution Blacks
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Velocity VXC Rim.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I plan to Run a set of these on a pair of Trek 8500 for '08 Currently I'm just going to start with one, this whole wheel is going to cost me about $300 when all is said and done. It will be one sweet ride though. SS bike #2 needs prett much everything though, currently only has a seatpost, saddle, Seatpost collar and headset. I have a few cranks sitting around I could probably throw on there if I wanted to. I would like to get a few of the free wheels that White Industries offers, w/ sealed bearings and stuff, they run like $70 a piece. '08 WORS, '08 WEMS, and 24-9 2008 is still along ways off and my bank account is saying stop spending money. With a handful of cross races left you never know what could happen that might involve an unexpected expense in order to finish the season.

1 comment:

julie said...

you've got the BUG! give up on the "stop spending money" bit. instead, try to set goals you need to reach before spending more. (i.e. finish top 3 and get new cassette)