Monday, October 29, 2007

Proposed Build for '08 Geared bike

My First double blog day.

I have been getting a mix of feedback, some that is conflicting, I think that I have come to a head and I think I have made a decision as far as frame and build up. I'm going to remind you once again, this is not a bike for WORS this is a WEMS Bike specifically for Duo/Team Racing. I believe I have found a partner BTW, detail to come in a blog another day. Proposed build is listed as follows.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
$500 Frame: 16" Salsa Moto Rapido '08 w/ carbon seatstays

Headset: Cane Creek S-8
Fork: Reba Team (Dual Air) 80mm
Shifters: SRAM X-0 Trigger Shifters
Rear Der.: Sram X-0 Rear der.
Front Der. Shimano XT Front Der. (own used)
Cassette: CS-970 11-32 (own used, but barely 20 miles on)
Chain: SRAM PC-991 Hollow Pin
Wheels: Bontrager Race Disc (own used)
Tires: Maxxis Cross Mark (own used)
Brakeset: Avid Juicy Ultimate (140mm Rear & 160mm Front)
Crankset Crank Brothers Cobalt SL Cranks
Bottom Bracket: FSA Platinum ISIS
Pedals: C Egg Beaters (own Used)
Seatpost: Thompson Elite (own used)
Seat: WTB Speed V (own used)
Handlebars: FSA K-Force ATB (31.8) Flat
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis Alloy (100mm) (own used)
Grips: Ergon GX1 (team sponsorship)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an excellent build. one suggestion, save a ton of money on the regular SL eggbeaters and get the Truvativ Noir cranks, you will not regret it.